The beaches, cenotes, ancient ruins and best of all, the food make Tulum, Mexico the perfect vacation spot. This is my 5th time in the Yucatan Peninsula. In past visits, I've climbed Coba, marveled at Chizen Itza and visited old Spanish settlements, so, this time around, I wanted to hang out on the beach and chill out.
We stayed at the beautiful Kore Tulum Retreat and Spa. It was the perfect jumping off point while staying in Tulum. It is an all inclusive property with a perfect location. We were 10 minutes to the beach, 15 minutes to town and had the option to hang out by the pool while enjoying bottomless mimosas. The food was great, offering small plated portions and 24 hour room service. The most popular way to see Tulum is to stay at a different hotel each night. There are so many choices from low budget bed and breakfasts to Luxury villas on the beach. Make sure to do your research ahead of time!
I would suggest 5 days to experience Tulum but you could do as little as 3 days or spread it out over a few weeks. It has a little bit for everyone here, which is why I love Tulum so much.
If you are planning on making a trip to Tulum anytime soon, I've made a list of the 10 MUST DO's.
10 MUST DO's In Tulum, Mexico
1. Hang out on the most beautiful beach, Playa Paraiso.
2. Eat at Burrito Amor. The best burritos and the most reasonable prices.
3. Rent a bike and ride around town.
4. Get a drink or dinner at Kin Toh, the eco luxury treehouse.
5. Explore the Tulum ruins.
6. Enjoy tacos and margaritas at La Eufemia. Rocker vibes, insanely cheap and right on the beach.
7. Swim in a cenote. So many amazing cenotes close by. Grande Cenote is the most popular one.
8. Get your health on at Matcha Mama.
9. Get some gelato or sorbet at Orgami.
10. Eat the "Best Pizza in The World" at La Onda.