In honour of St.Patrick's Day, I'm starting the day with some delicious Irish Potato Pancakes, I thought it would be healthier than a pint of Guinness but heck, might as well pair them together for a delicious vegan Irish breakfast.
Oh and it's Friday, could the day get any better?
Makes 6 - 8 potato pancakes.
To me, Irish food isn't the most flavourful food ever so, if you want to add some cayenne pepper or paprika to this, please go ahead, I'm definitely planning on playing around with the spices next time around.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup of grated potatoes
- 1/4 cup soy milk (or other choice of milk)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 green onions
- Salt, pepper and garlic to taste
- Vegetable oil for pan
**Optional, your choice of cheez or bacun
- Place the mashed and shredded potatoes in a large bowl .
- Stir in flour, milk and seasonings to form a dough.
- Add optional ingredients for flavour now.
- Heat pan and put in oil.
- Form the potato "dough" into patties
- Fry them for a couple of minutes until they are golden brown on each side.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve!