As you are probably already well aware, I love to bake. I also love treating my pooch to delicious surprises. So, last Sunday I decided it would be fun to bake something for her for a change. I came up with this recipe, which is super duper easy and only involves 3 ingredients. These are also edible for humans and are quite tasty.
Makes about 15 biscuits
- 1 cup of oat flour
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup of natural (smooth & unsweetened) peanut butter (I used Adam's Natural Peanut Butter)
- Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- Mash peeled bananas together with the peanut butter until smooth.
- Add flour, only half at a time.
- Mix until evenly combined. The dough should be firm and slightly sticky.
- Use your hands to form a ball of dough.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for approx 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, place the dough on parchment paper or the floured counter.
- Roll out the dough until it's about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes in the dough (I used a bone shaped one).
- Use a fork to poke holes in the center of each biscuit, to allow steam to escape.
- Transfer the biscuits to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove and let completely cool.
- Once cooled, transfer to an air-tight container.
They should be good for up to a week, although they likely won't last that long.
Sadly, I didn't get any photos of Annie's excitement over the biscuits, they were gone to quick but I plan on making a second batch this weekend so stay tuned!